Yeah! The quilt top is finished! Isn’t it awesome? Here are some more pictures:
Oh, I don’t think I will give this quilt away!
It was a lot of fun appliqueing the clothes, which I did using Aurifil monofilament (easy to use because it does not keep breaking!) and a very small zigzag stitch.
I am still trying to decide which outfit I like the best. My stash of 1930s fabric is not too large, yet the combinations seem to have worked.
Oh, it looks like I still need to applique the clothespins, but that will not take long at all.
The pattern is called Wash Day by Coach House Designs. As usual, I modified it a little bit: I opted to use a white background, and only used the four-patch block as opposed to three different blocks as the patterns. I used HeatnBond Lite to fuse the shapes. I will not add a border; instead, will quilt and bind it.